About the Journal
The Marine Biological Journal (MBJ) is a peer-reviewed scientific periodical issued by the Federal State-Funded Organization of Science A. O. Kovalevsky Institute of Biology of the Southern Seas of RAS since December 2015.
The English title is the Marine Biological Journal.
The transliterated title is Morskoj Biologicheskij Zhurnal.
The journal is registered in ISSN International Center (ISSN 2499-9768 print, ISSN 2499-9776 online).
The Marine Biological Journal publishes original scientific articles and notes containing new data on theoretical and experimental research in marine biology; materials on the diversity of marine organisms, their populations and communities, patterns of distribution of living organisms in the World Ocean; and the results of a comprehensive study of marine and ocean ecosystems, anthropogenic impact on marine organisms and ecosystems in general.
The editorial board of the Journal adheres to high standards of ethics and professionalism. Only scientific reports that are within the scope of the Journal, not published previously and not submitted for publication elsewhere, and prepared in accordance with the guidelines for authors are accepted for consideration. Authors, editors, and reviewers of the Marine Biological Journal should follow the ethical rules adopted in the Journal and presented on its official website.
ReadershipBiologists, hydrobiologists, ecologists, radiobiologists, biophysicists, oceanologists, geographers, scientists of other related specialties, and graduate and undergraduate students of the relevant academic and industry sectors.
Aims and ObjectivesAims: integration of results of scientific research within the scope of the Journal into the world information space and effective exchange of scientific knowledge in marine biology.
Objectives: high-quality presentation of results of scientific research in the area of the Journal’s scope; ensuring permanent free and open access to the scientific publications; and creating conditions conducive to indexing published materials in international scientometric systems and abstract databases.
Abstracting and IndexingThe Marine Biological Journal is included in the list of peer-reviewed scientific publications recommended (since December 28, 2018) by the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation in the following branches of science:
- 02.03.06 – Ichthyology (biological sciences),
- 03.02.09 – Biogeochemistry (biological sciences),
- 03.02.10 – Hydrobiology (biological sciences),
- 03.02.14 – Biological resources (biological sciences).
- Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA, ProQuest);
- Federal abstract database of Russian and foreign publications on the natural, technical and exact sciences All-Russian Institute of Scientific and Technical Information (VINITI);
- Russian Scientific Citation Index (RSCI) on the basis of the Scientific Electronic Library elibrary.ru;
- Abstract and citation database Scopus: https://www.scopus.com.
- ROAD Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources;
- ULRICHSWEB Global Serials Directory;
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).